Creating a marketing plan can be overwhelming, especially if you don’t have a dedicated strategist on your team. But there are things you can do to create a simple and easy-to-follow social media and SEO strategy for your team to use. No matter the challenges, it’s possible for any business to create a realistic and achievable promotions plan.
Challenges you might face when creating a social media and SEO calendar
When you’re running a business, it can be hard to find time to promote it. However, maintaining a regular presence on social media and working on your SEO are key business activities that shouldn’t be ignored or left off of your priority list. SEO helps your business be visible to potential customers searching for your products or services, and social media helps you reach your customers. That being said, there are many challenges you might face when considering your promotions plan, including:
- Finding the time to post on social media or carry out SEO-related tasks.
- Getting the whole team on board and coordinating together.
- Creating good content.
- Agreeing on the kind of content you produce.
- Knowing if you’re doing it right.
What do you really need to do to manage SEO and social media for your business?
You can prevent chaos and confusion when creating a promotion plan by doing a handful of things. You can:
- Block out times dedicated to working on promotions in your calendar, and ask your team to do the same. Bonus tip: you can come together to brainstorm and work on tasks for better motivation.
- Use a social media scheduling platform if you want to easily stick to a strict upload schedule for social media.
- Search for pre-existing templates for promotion plans that you can fill in yourself. There’s no need to reinvent the wheel!
- Divide tasks in a way that makes sense (e.g. if you have a strong writer on the team, ask them to work on the content for your website or social media posts).
- Create a style guide so anyone can easily make a post by referring to it.
- Take time to analyse your results on a monthly basis using analytics tools at your disposal.
The tools you can use to make your marketing plans easier
So many tools now exist to automate processes or keep work organised. Some tools you might find useful when creating or actioning your promotion plan include free analytics platforms like Google Analytics and social media scheduling tools. If you want to go more in depth with your SEO planning, you can use other SEO tools that meet your requirements.
What to do when you don’t know what to do next
If you’ve been doing everything you can with your SEO and social media strategy and you’re not sure what to do next, it might be time to delve a little deeper. You can take a DIY approach by taking online courses in SEO and social media or consult with a professional to work on developing a new strategy to meet your goals.
Digital Bridge is a web design and web development company based in Fitzroy, Melbourne. We can help you with any aspect of your online presence. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +613 8658 2434.